March 6, 2013

Insomnia has set in so I decided to make an attempt at a card for my brother who has a birthday later this month. I must have taken this card apart and started over at least five times! I had completely different papers, embellishments and layout each time. There isnt a thing on this card that I started with but the clip art calendar. And I wonder why it takes me so long to do one scrapping project. I used ink this time on the edges of clip art and the tag. I was so nervous using it. I colored the calendar with chalk and circled the day of his birthday. I used ribbon with a pearl snap button from an old work shirt, burlap, and brads. On the inside, I used burlap as well. I painted a heart onto the piece and I really like how the paint comes out on the burlap which is by the way, a piece of old feed sack from our dairy. My brother will be brutally honest so I hope he likes the card. Im so new at making cards and its the first one Ive ever made him one in his 38 years. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: