January 28, 2013

Scrapbooking ~ Cards

After a complete year with no scarpping, I decided to give it a try. I joined a few challenges for making a couple of cards & then I made one for my MIL just because. I hope to be able to get back into my scarpbooking more and make the time for it as its hard now that I have a horse. Wish me luck. The challenge was to make a card with a tag on it. The card does not open. I used banboo yarn, safety pen, buttons, twine and a feather, and the heard is part of a torn box from the garage.
This is just a random card I made & I wanted to use part of a page kit I had received as a gift. It took me at least five HOURS to get this one done! I have never worked with Heritage papers & it turned out to be very difficult for me. I used chalk, twine, buttons, brads, fibers and I made my first flower from a ribbon. Im kind of proud of that flower and I was sad to see it go.
The challenge was to make a birthday card. I really like the papers, from The MindsEye. Im proud of my bow and the layering I did with the ribbon bow, twine bow and then button.

7 comments:

ShersL84bed said...

Christina, I love it all. Would make a great mini album. Fantastic papers. Beautiful work

Smiles Sher

Bev said...

OMG fabulous start back with amazing style, design and fun accents.. so glad your mojo is back and your ready to play

~Christina~ said...

Thank you Sher. ~ Thank you Bev. I appreciate the encouagement and comments on my cards.

Christy said...

What a great start back to your mojo!!! :) :)

~Christina~ said...

Thank you Chris. My MIL liked her card so much that she brought me tulips today.

Kerys said...

Beautiful cards! Love those colors! Great start back into papercrafting :-)

~Christina~ said...

Thank you Kery. Im a slow starter.