March 30, 2010

My freind, Debbie, and I went to Gladewater, TX to visit the Helen Lee's Daffodil Garden. Which is a 918 farm. Here are a few photos that Ive gotten ready to post so far with many more to do yet!






So many flowers were broken from being walked on. :(





I think I am one of those people that will just always be uncomfortable in front of the camera.













The daffodils were so thick in areas that it was hard to find a bare spot to sit for a photo. Of course we were very very careful not to walk on any of the blooms.











Thi sis one of my favorite shots so far....



Im not sure what happened here but I decided to keep the photo.





12 comments:

wayne15575 said...

after seeing these, I know now why you and Kim are going to enter that contest. Outstanding job . I really enjoyed the ones of you and Debbie sitting in the middle of the flowers. Looks like the two of you had a wonderful time.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of them. Good work.

Kris said...

Really stunning photography Christina!

Sheila said...

Nice work. Really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!!!!!!!!!! My daffodils are about 4 inches out of the ground. Cant wait for them to bloom. Mary Ann!!!

Jack said...

Stunning Daffodil Shots! One of my favorite flowers! You may not be comfortable in front of the camera, but you look great! I love the shots of you against the tree with the Daffodils in the background!

myrna said...

love them. should have called off from work to go with you 2. very very good. now enter the fair.

Anonymous said...

Christina,

Your Daffodil photos are gorgeous, but my favorites are still the ones you took in Paris.

Jan

Anonymous said...

These are excellent Christina I love your bokeh just amazing!! So good to see you too!! Isn’t it nice to have a friend to go shooting with:o)

Have a great day

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Really fabulous photos!

Kris

Anonymous said...

I love flowers pics...yours are great, the DOF is impressive! I looked at some of the other pics too...nice composition. Oh, and the Coke with peanuts in the bottle...YUM!! Thought I was the only person left on the planet that did that...LOL!

~Abba~

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. I like the self-portrait.

Suzanne

Mr. J said...

The lone daffodil with the (mostly) blue bokeh background is the best of the set. Great contrast. The blurry one looks like you (accidentally?) zoomed a bit while the shutter was open. It's a neat effect used sparingly. Look up zoom effect or zoomburst on Flickr and see some intentional examples.