March 24, 2010

My freind, Debbie, and I went through downtown Paris, TX recently to take some photos.
Here are the few I have played around with so far....I am playing around with the editing tools trying to learn them and like them. Any comments on the processing, etc would be great!

Debbie and I playing around with our reflections.....
I took the color out of the distracting items in the background and that was after cloning out a few heads that were floating around from by standers. ;)


It was really difficult to get a good shot of any building downtown here but I liked the Grand sign.


Graffiti on a deserted building.


Playing around with taking out colors.....the original brick color for this shot you can see in the next photo....


Lens flare......


Started playing around with this photo and this is what I ended up with. Im not sure if I like it or not yet.


This one was taken from behind a piece of brick wall where as in the photo above, I was standing directly in front of the open area.


Believe it or not, I worked a while on this one and now that I see it here, Im thinking I do not like it. Im going to have to work on the position of the hole in the wall. I think that is what is bothering me here.

6 comments:

myrna said...

the buildings are great. shame you not invite me. lol. great compose on all.color is very good.

Jack said...

I always wanted to visit Paris! Of course, I wasn't thinking Paris, TX! Excellent example of how an ordinarily ugly scenes can make for interesting photos!

Anonymous said...

I like the brick sans color. Looks very haunting especially with the tree limbs climbing over the windows. Ya know what I THINK would look interesting is the lens flare and removing the color from that building, but leaving the colored flare.

Experiment w/that one.
--
Chris
CJP Photos.com

Anonymous said...

Nice additions to your blog.Very creative as usual!
Linda R

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you....I Loooooove them. I'm a little jealous though.....I want someone to shoot with too. You two look like you were having a blast!

Jan

Uday Hegde said...

Great captures..