January 25, 2010

I came across this old building and found it interesting. Im not sure, but Im thinking it may have been a jail or prison at some time.

This is the view facing the main street through a very small community.



This is the back of the building. Can you see the tied sheets from the second window from your right? (click on photo to enlarge).


From a side window that is located high up from the ground level, I could see what appears to be a hanging cot.


The tied sheets....


A headstone and what may be a pice of a wooden coffin? Notice the small size of the wood/coffin.


I picked up a brick that seemed to be part of the building that was broken and falling off. Notice the N and the S. Atlanta TX is not but about 50 miles from where the building is located. I kept the brick, and a friend that was with me said Im going to have bad ju ju now! ;)

5 comments:

STAMPMOM9 said...

Girl your photography is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I always see the photos on my blog, got a new computer so now I can visit more. Thanks, Dawn

Kris said...

Wonderful pics - I especially like the brick.

Anonymous said...

That sure is a big building, how did you get it all into one photo and still be that close? Is it a special lens?

Shaye said...

Christina, I just think that all your photos are amazing. That is a cool cool building!!!!

Shaye

myrna said...

nice building. its a jail for that county. lol
love the colors of the jail there. really great.would love to go there.