October 18, 2009

Could I get some critiquing on these three photos?

In my own opinion, I dont like the first one with the bit of white mane showing to the left of the photo, I could do better at not cutting off the bottom lashes and as far as him looking in a downward angle, I think it could look better from another angle but right now he is still very camera shy and does NOT like the shutter sound.

The last photo I converted into infrared. I think I like it.

Please help me out with your comments. Thanks!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is a beauty. I like the black and white one. Mary Ann!!!!!!!!!

banjojim said...

the infra-red is very nice, i used to shoot ir film and am partial to it. i'm searching for proper description, wild, course come to mind, it is an animal. the middle shot is good, different shades of brown and different textures are nice. the white in the top is distracting and a little out of focus. neat idea for a pic! jim

Chromatic Photography said...

I like the secong and the third one. IR looks really good. I would also try a vertical angle too. He's really pretty!!

Mr. J said...

I do like the infrared one better than the original color one. Try framing it slightly differently. Your focus point is the eye. If you try these shots again, try employing the rule of thirds a little more.

Anonymous said...

I love the one with the horse chest & head the best. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

The face/eye picture I would suggest just a little more face. not much. The 2nd one is the best of the three.