May 30, 2009

I finally got to try out the D90 on some action shots at my husband's recent soccer game.

I had the setting on either auto or manual focus at times; on the "sports scence" mode as well as adjusting the ISO throughout the game from 400 to 1600. I have not had time to go back and look at the settings were for each shot yet.

I am dissapointed that I did not get any "action blur" on any of the photos I took but thats all operator error Im sure. I have a lot to learn about manually setting things like the shutter speeds, fstop, etc.

But over all Im happy with the photos I got. I was more interested in watching the game than playing with the camera - more camera time next game!

















Im just amazed at how high Auke can get off the ground when he is 6 ft 8in short!!

3 comments:

shersl84bed said...

oh my gosh, these are great photos. I never knew there was so much air time in soccer. Love the ones where people seem to be floating in midair.

Mr. J said...

You can achieve motion blur two ways. One way is to slow down your shutter speed manually. You'll probably want to stabilize the camera somewhat to get the blur achieved. It looks best when only one thing is blurred in the scene.

The other method is to pan your camera, keeping your subject in focus and in the same spot in the frame. When you open the shutter, keep panning. The background will blur, but your subject should stay in focus and sharp. This method takes much practice and is very hard to do with people running (as in soccer). Try it with cars first!

Tammy said...

Awesome photos girl! I wish I had more time to play with my camera, you inspire me!
Hugs

Tammy